Saturday, March 22, 2014

My Gazingus Pin, My Weakness, My Love- Lip Stick

I blogged about my gazingus pins in 2010 when I acknowledged that acquiring lip products was a problem for me. 

Lipstick is a quick pick me up.  In less than five seconds I can slick on some lip goo and feel better.  It always perks me up.  So, when I started my makeup buying hiatus last month I knew it would be hard to quit buying more and it has been. 

But, I'm also noticing a trigger.  I have a close family member who is not behaving responsibly lately and is doing some very destructive behaviors.  In fact, they have told me that they can't help themselves and have hinted at me helping them or taking care of them.  Which would be all fine and good if it was give and take relationship but I know for a fact how draining this person can be on one's patience, resources and well, everything.  I can't do anything but tell them how I feel and warn them that I am not their soft place to fall and they need to stand on their own two feet.  I have my own family and I can't borrow their problems and I don't need another child.  Especially a grown one who will suck the life out of me.  I can't say more about it than that.  I know worrying will do nothing to help them or me.  And I feel incredibly helpless. 

This week was a worrisome week.  I ate more crap that I should.  I bought two lipsticks.  I can't fix them but I can have pretty lips.  I can't make them be a grown up but boy will that chocolate make me feel good for five seconds. 

I'm putting a rubber band around my credit card so I have a reminder when I go shopping.  I don't want to numb myself with consumption and candy.  I need to find a healthier way to deal with my own issues- especially since I can't solve other's.

That 24 cent clearance lipstick that I rationalized buying because it was so cheap is still in it's package.  I'm going to pass it on to someone else.

No comments:

Google